HEADQUARTERED IN THE HEART OF NEW YOUR CITY,
ICONABLE PARTNERS WITH BRANDS AROUND THE WORLD
TO OFFER YOU CLOTHING OF THE HIGHEST QUALITY
GOOD FOR US AND FOR OUR PLANET
The devastating consequences of the clothing industry on the environment and human rights can no longer be ignored. A few facts:
- The clothing industry is the second largest polluter in the world, second to oil.
- 97% of fashion items are made overseas. 85% of all garment workers are women aged between sixteen to twenty-five. Most of them work 14-16 hours shifts each day for a salary of around $68 USD per month.
- In 2013, the Rana Plaza, a factory for several clothing brands, including Joe Fresh and Primark collapsed in Bangladesh killing 1,134 workers.
- The culture of throwaway clothing, inspired by fast fashion, is a major environmental issue as only 10% of donated clothes get resold. The remaining 12 million tons per year (in the U.S. alone) are sent to landfills where they sit for decades to centuries, slowly decomposing, leaving behind chemicals and dyes to contaminate local soil and groundwater.
At Iconable, we understand it is often difficult and intimidating to navigate through the different sustainable brands and find the perfect top or sweater that truly commits to a sustainable approach.
Iconable aims to bring you a way to shop with the confidence that everything you purchase is good for the planet and its people.
We select the brands we partner with based on four criteria:
1. Transparency: How the brand is communicating about its practices, traceability over the entire supply chain, its social and environmental impact, and the material used.
2. Labor Conditions: How the brand is treating the people in their supply chain.
3. Environment: How the brand is minimizing its environmental impact, the material used, its policy in terms of waste, its production process.
4. Community: The brand's efforts to uphold Corporate Social Responsibility, commitments to improve the social and environmental aspects of their supply chain.